I know its been a while since I posted anything but things have been a little dull and haven't had anything worth posting. Today was a bit different though, I encountered a quirky bug, and thought I could share it.
I saw one of the comments by 'Scott - Oregon' in which he stated that VNC Viewer was causing the issue and closing it would resolve the problem. I don't use VNC Viewer, but I did remember earlier while working with mRemoteNG that I accidentally clicked to remote into a server with VNC instead of RDP, so I closed mRemoteNG and voila it started working.
I made sure to sign up and drop a comment on the Microsoft Connect post as it is still an active post.
I hope this might help someone out there!