Tuesday, July 22, 2014

C# - ComboBox with all countries

I suppose two posts won't hurt anyone, this one will be short don't worry. 

I am learnong C# on the side, and as a learning project  I am currently developing a program to help our Service desk automate Account creations and modifications. One of the fields that I want them to fill out when creating accounts is the Country where the user is located, but I honestly didn't want to trust their typing skills on this so I though I could try to create a drop down menu - or ComboBox as its called in the Toolbox - and I figured I should look online maybe there is a text list that I can find already made. 

It turns out there is a whole reference to get the list that you can use for this. Here is the Sauce where I found the information, and I'll put the information below in case you are looking for a quick answer:

Add reference
using System.Globalization;
Country combobox without list of country with NativeName and so more.
country.CurrencyEnglishName
            country.CurrencyNativeName              
            country.CurrencySymbol
            country.EnglishName
            country.GeoId
            country.ISOCurrencySymbol
            country.ThreeLetterISORegionName
            country.ThreeLetterWindowsRegionName
            country.TwoLetterISORegionName
Code :
private void PopulateCountryComboBox()
        {
            RegionInfo country = new RegionInfo(new CultureInfo("en-US", false).LCID);
            List countryNames = new List();
            foreach (CultureInfo cul in CultureInfo.GetCultures(CultureTypes.SpecificCultures))
            {
                country = new RegionInfo(new CultureInfo(cul.Name, false).LCID);
                countryNames.Add(country.DisplayName.ToString());
            }

            IEnumerable nameAdded = countryNames.OrderBy(names => names).Distinct();

            foreach (string item in nameAdded)
            {
                comboBox1.Items.Add(item);

            }
        }
Country dropdown HTML 

No comments:

Post a Comment