Thursday, May 14, 2015

Windows 10 Preview

Hello everyone, 

For the first time in my life I have a spare computer that I can use to test things on. So I signed up for Windows Insider and installed Windows 10 on my laptop which I have been using on the regular bases. I'm not much of a writer so I won't even attempt to do a full review on my experience, but I did want to comment on the quality of people that I have found on the Microsoft reviewing forums. 

The truth is that people are nasty. I went through quite a few posts and most of the posts was of people complaining and calling that Windows will be a failure. All because of the way that the UI looks. Instead of providing constructive criticism to help develop a better operating system we have people crying about the way that the task bar is, or the way the start menu looks, or the how the icons are flat! I mean come on people! We are all tech savvy here what does it matter what the system looks like as long as it works? 

Windows is quite frankly implementing some really good features not only on their desktop environment but on the server environment, and so what if it looks different? We shouldn't be using the system for how it looks but for what we can do with it. After all we can always hack our way to change the way things look. 

I do hope that people can change their outlook on how things are going with Windows 10. It will either be a success or a failure, and if its a failure its not like it was a few years back and we actually have options.

Kind regards, 
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment